Monday, March 26, 2018

Today was super fun! - Kala`iku


Today was super fun and relaxing! I started off the day at my host’s country house about an hour and a half drive away from Stockholm. We woke up around 7:00 and ate breakfast. Then we went on an early morning bike ride through the countryside. We biked all the way down to the ocean. It was frozen so I was able to stand on the Baltic Sea. I was confused as to how the ocean was frozen because I thought that salt water could not freeze, but they said it was somewhat brackish water and the top layer froze. After that we went back to the country house, we started a fire and made some hotdogs for lunch.




After that we went to the Mall of Scandinavia to play laser tag with with almost every other host family. It was super fun and we really got to know some of the other hosts after when we walked around the mall for a bit. Max (my host) some other people and I ate dinner at this cool burger place named Max. I would compare it to America’s In & Out but Brendan thinks it’s more like Shake Shack. After dinner, we walked around for a bit and we had a fun time then we walked to the train station to catch one. We caught a train that goes directly to the station right outside of Max’s townhouse. The transportation system here is pretty convenient! Once we got home I took a shower than we played some Fortnight with Brendan and Gustin (his host.) We didn’t win but it was still fun. After that I went to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment