Monday, March 26, 2018

Gabbie's Sunday Adventures


Today we woke up late since we stayed up a little late watching Netflix. Around 9:30 we got up and got ready to go to Hellasgården. On Friday we were talking about going swimming in the cold water and had made a plan to go today. For breakfast we had toast, a smoothie and orange juice. After breakfast Clara’s dad picked us up with their dog Hilda. Then we were on our way to Hellasgården. We arrived at Hellasgården around 10:45. When we got there some of the boys had already went in the water. Once we put our stuff in the lockers, Nova, Emma, Clara and I went outside. None of us had slippers so we all tried to walk pretty fast. We then jumped in the water and immediately ran out and went back to the showers. When we jumped in the water a shock ran through my body and I got super cold. However it was kind of refreshing, so we did it again. The second time all four of us went in at the same time which was not very smart because there was only one ladder to get out. Once we were all warm, Clara’s dad took us home and we hung out there for a hour or two.



At 2:10 we had planned to meet Monica, Braydon and Alex to go to the Mall of Scandinavia. It is huge mall and it has many restaurants and stores. I was surprised by the size of it because I haven’t been to a mall that large. When we got there we had went to find the rest of the group. They made a reservation for laser tag at 3:30. I have never played laser tag before so I was pretty excited. When we got to O'Learys( where we were playing laser tag) we decided to do Swedes vs Americans. We played two rounds and both times the Americans won. It was very hectic but it was definitely a lot of fun and worth the money.

After laser tag we walked around the mall a little bit more. At this point it was just Nova, Emma, Clara and I. once we were all done looking around we took the subway home. We tried running to catch the first one but we missed it so we just waited for the next one. We rode it to Karlaplan, then we went to meet Clara’s mom. She took us home and we both sat on the couch for a while. We then had tacos for dinner, which were super good. After dinner Clara, Carl (her little brother) and I played cards. It was a lot of fun but I was starting to get tired so we all went to bed.

Reflection: I noticed that there are a lot of people that are very strict with the rules in which are at the sauna. Also at the mall I noticed that there were a lot of people who just came up to me and started talking to me in Swedish. But once I told them I didn’t speak most of them quickly responded in English. For me that’s quite shocking that most of them speak both.

No comments:

Post a Comment