Friday, March 23, 2018

Arrival in Stockholm - Chloe & Allena

Chloe & Miranda



After three flights and two days of traveling, we finally arrived in Stockholm. Our group walked down to the baggage claim and got the rest of our belongings. We spent a little bit of time waiting for people to exchange currency. After that, we walked to where we would meet our host families. By now, most of us were very tired and had to force ourselves to keep moving. As soon as we walked in, I saw the huge mass of families who were clustered together with posters with our names on them. My host family greeted me excitedly and took a few pictures. Afterwards, we walked to the parking lot then drove to the house. I was surprised that the scenery changed drastically once we passed through the more urban part of Stockholm and to the neighborhood where my host family’s house is. I also noticed that the houses were built differently than the homes in Hawaii. Most of the houses had multiple floors and were pretty big. When we got home, I ate a small meal and went to bed to recover from the amount of traveling we did. - Chloe S.



Brendan & Gusten

Braydon & Alex

Janelle & Pim

Kala`iku & Max

Allena & Alva

Thursday, March 22, was the day we arrived in Sweden. Things came to a rough start when our flight was delayed and problems kept coming with the flight. But eventually, everything turned out fine. While on the flight, two women who probably never knew each other, started talking to each other as if they were long lost friends. I learned that two strangers can connect and get to know each other and create a bond. I think that seeing those two strangers become good friends has taught me a valuable lesson that we are all not as different as we think we are and being kind can go a very long way.

When we finally landed, we met our host families and exchanged many smiles and hugs. I was so excited to finally meet my host!! When we went back to their house by car, they really made me feel welcomed. I had dinner with my host Alva, her parents Petra and Benke, and her brother Axel. They were all so nice, wonderful, and welcoming. For dinner, which was made by Benke, was chicken, potatoes, and tomatoes with this wonderful sauce. It was all really good.

After dinner, it was time to go to sleep after a very long day.  Even with the delay and long plane rides, I would’ve done it again because I got to meet wonderful people and see a wonderful place.  - Allena V.

Emma & Nova

Evonne & Lova


Liana & Tyra

Rylie & Smilla

Stanley & Fabian

Gabbie & Clara

Asa & Kristoffer
Kiana & Elin

Sydni & Lovisa





No comments:

Post a Comment